Featuring the cornerstone from Colored King’s Daughters Hospital in Greenville, MS. Built in 1908 and supported by King’s Daughters Circle No. 4, this was a charity surgical hospital for African-Americans. It ceased operations in 1953 and was demolished in 1971. The Plaza will also feature reclaimed bricks from the four African-American owned hospitals throughout Mississippi.
SONS & DAUGHTERS OF YAZOO CITY · G.T. THOMAS HOSPITAL OF CLARKSDALE ·
TABORIAN HOSPITAL OF MOUND BAYOU · FRIENDSHIP CLINIC OF MOUND BAYOU
The plaza, located on the grounds of the Mississippi State Medical Association, will be lined with personalized pavers. A variety of paver options are available for purchase.