The MSMA Physician Leadership Academy gives members the opportunity to learn valuable leadership skills from experts in communication, advocacy, conflict resolution and more. For more information contact Becky Wells [email protected] (601) 853-6733 ext 340
• Applicants must be a member in good standing with MSMA and committed to attending all sessions.
• Scholars must be nominated by one of the following:
* Any component or specialty medical society
* Medical Practice
* Health Plan
* Any MSMA subsidiary
• This exclusive program is limited to 18 scholars.
• The MSMA Physician Leadership Academy is an in-depth, nine-month long program consisting of six one-day sessions - from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Fees and Expenses
• MSMA underwrites 90% of the costs, including course materials, speaker fees, lodging, and meal expenses.
• Nominating organizations are encouraged to consider full sponsorship of their nominees. The $1,000 tuition is nominal compared to the value of this course to the participating physician, and the investment dividend the nominating organization will receive from its sponsorship of a scholar.
• Transportation costs will be the responsibility of the scholar.
Application and Scholar Selection Process
• Download the application at www.MSMAonline.com or request an application by contacting Becky Wells at 601-853-6733 or [email protected]
• The application asks you to provide a supplement page describing why you are interested in this program and your current/past leadership roles.
• Submit your application packet to the attention of Becky Wells:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: PO Box 2548, Ridgeland, MS 39158
• The MSMA Physician Leadership Academy Selection Committee will review all application packets to compose the Class of 2021. Applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than September 10, 2021.
2022 – 2023
September 23, 2022
November 11, 2022
January 27, 2023
February – March, 2023
April 28, 2023
June 30, 2023