· Educate licensees on regulations involving medical cannabis prescribing.
· Educate licensees on how to become a Certifying Practitioner.
· Educate licensees on the differences between prescribing and certifying.
· Recognize the major components of Mississippi’s Medical Cannabis Program
· Identify the debilitating conditions that qualify patients to participate in the program
· Determine the practitioner application requirements to participate in the program
· Describe the practitioner certification required for patients to participate in the program
· Describe the current legal status of medical cannabis around the country and in MS
· Identify occupational considerations in the use of medical cannabis
· Discuss use of potentially impairing medications in the safety-sensitive worker
· Discuss the physiology of cannabis
· Become familiar with the available evidence surrounding cannabis use in vulnerable populations (specifically pregnancy-related use and in the adolescent population)
· Provide two known risks of cannabis use in these populations
· Overview the history of medical cannabis in the US
· Describe basic cannabis phytochemistry and the key relationships to products in legal and illicit markets
· Recognize elements of the endocannabinoid system and the pharmacological basis for positive or negative health impacts of THC
· Assess the pharmacology and pharmacokinetic behavior of THC when given by different routes of administration
· Understand how the products/limits allowable in the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program compare to prescription cannabinoid dosing
· Discuss the components of the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program
· Discuss the licensees application requirements to participate in the program
· Educate practitioners on the certification process required for patients to participate in the program